Official Rules for the #YourPeopleMatter Sweepstakes Summer 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The #YourPeopleMatter Sweepstakes Part 2 (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes beings at 5:00 p.m. ET on May 9, 2019 and ends at 11:59p.m. ET on August 15, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To enter, you submit a photo or video of yourself and a colleague on Instagram. The photo or video shall tag @TriNetHR, include #YourPeopleMatter and #Sweepstakes, and include a 50 word or less caption for how a coworker makes a positive impact on your daily work life. There is no limit of entries per person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant. You may be required to agree to receive marketing emails from Sponsor or its affiliates to enter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
5. User Generated Content: By submitting any user generated content (“Content”) related to the Sweepstakes, (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas and Content on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that the Content is your original work, you are the owner and producer of the Content, and that no third party ownership rights exist to the Content; and (4) you are hereby granting the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such Content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
Content (a) must comply with these Official Rules for the Sweepstakes; (b) must be uploaded in the format specified and comply with the posting requirements set forth in these Official Rules or instructions provided by Sponsor; (c) cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (d) cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) cannot defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or companies; (f) cannot contain copyrights and/or trademarks, logos ,or trade dress owned by others, advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, personal names, e-mail addresses, or street addresses.
BY SUBMITTING CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, OR ON A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE AFFILIATED WITH THE SPECIFIC SWEEPSTAKES. CONTENT POSTED TO A SPONSOR SITE IS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. By submitting Content you represent and warrant that it (a) it is your original work has not been previously published, or won previous awards, and does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (b) that you have obtained written permission from a person whose name, likeness, or voice is used in the Content and can make written copies of that written permission available to Sponsor upon request; (c) complies with the General Rules and applicable Specific Rules; and (d) that publication of the Content via various media will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and its affiliates and agents from any claims to the contrary.
5. Selection of winner: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (3) potential winners based on the highest tally of Likes received for their respective entry. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
6. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners on Instagram and via Instagram direct message by 5:00 pm ET on August 29, 2019. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to respond to the notification and/or to sign and return the required documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place based on the next highest number of Likes. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
7. Prizes: One (1) 1st prize winner will receive a catered lunch valued up to $599. Sponsor will make a donation of $5,000 to a charity of the 1st prize winner’s choice. TriNet reserves the right to review and substitute the charity award recipient in its sole discretion.
One (1) 2nd prize winner will receive a catered lunch valued up to $500.
One (1) 3rd prize winner will receive a catered lunch valued up to $250.
A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize (or portion thereof) is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Distribution of Prizes: September 15, 2019
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, claims or causes of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, social media platforms, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event, shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor for any claims arising from your Entry, including, any claims from third parties arising out of your submission or any breach of your representations.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Alameda County, California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by TriNet USA, Inc., 1 Park Place, Suite 600, Dublin, CA 94568.
13. Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to TriNet USA, Inc., Attn: Public Relations, 1 Park Place, Suite 600, Dublin, CA 94568. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period